In my previous blog I talked about the importance of employers looking after their employees’ mental health. This time I continue that theme with exploring becoming a “Mindful Employer®”.
Mindful Employer is a registered trade mark of Devon Partnership NHS Trust. It is a voluntary commitment to a Charter developed by employers for employers, and is about good practice, helping employers adapt their own policies, structure and culture for the long-term benefit of all staff.
Demonstrating that you are a Mindful Employer:
- Shows employees and others that you are a good employer
- Expresses corporate social responsibility
- Reduces recruitment and training costs
- Helps towards complying with legislation (e.g. Equality Act 2010, health and Safety Acts etc)
- Reduces sickness levels
- Enhances customer service
- Improves productivity
- Makes your company more attractive to people with mental health issues and others
- Helps retain staff who may have experienced discrimination in the past
- Makes a healthier workplace
Signing up to the charter gives you the following benefits:
- Shows your company is working towards putting its principles in to practice
- Will be supported by other MINDFUL EMPLOYERS and supporting organisations
- Receives a personalised Charter showing the company name and logo
- Is able to use the MINDFUL EMPLOYER logo
For more information on the Charter and becoming a Mindful Employer, please see here.
(and yes, before you ask, Evenbreak is a Mindful Employer!)
To advertise jobs on Evenbreak go here – http://www.evenbreak.co.uk/employers/
To find jobs on Evenbreak go here – http://www.evenbreak.co.uk/jobs/
To make a donation to Evenbreak go here – https://localgiving.com/charity/evenbreak