We’re excited to announce that Evenbreak is running its first conference! Read all about it here:
“Employing Disabled People – the Bottom Line”
Wednesday 12th March, 15 Hatfields, London 9.00 – 4.30
There are 11 million disabled people in the UK. Employing talented people from this group makes solid financial and business sense. It can also improve your corporate image as ethical team builders who care about reputation, corporate social responsibility and image.
If you are an HR Director, Recruitment Director or Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Director, this is a unique event that you can’t afford to miss.
You may already be an inclusive employer but wish to find out how to attract more talented disabled people and wish to keep up to date with good practice. Or perhaps you want to explore a new and largely untapped sector of the employment market and find out the business benefits and practical considerations of employing and retaining talented disabled people.
This one day conference aims to give inclusive employers like you practical strategies to make your organisation more accessible and inclusive. Hear from the experts in disability employment about why and how you should be including disabled people in your recruitment plans.
What’s in it for you?
This is more than just a conference. It’s a Masterclass in inclusive employment. You will leave with:
- Detailed evidence to help you persuade your organisation about the business case for employing disabled people. Each delegate takes away a bound copy of the research
- Practical actions you can implement to help your organisation become more accessible, inclusive and attractive to existing and potential disabled employees
- Strategies to attract this largely untapped pool of talent to give your organisation the competitive edge
- Ideas from expert speakers that are proven to work, for you to adapt to your workplace
- Knowledge about what really works in practice from employers and disabled employees
- Inspiration and motivation to implement best practice around inclusion and accessibility
You will hear from expert speakers and hear case studies from other employers. Speakers include employers, disabled candidates and employees, and:
Jane Hatton M.Sc. FCIPD, Founder/Director of Evenbreak
Kate Headley, Development Director of The Clear Company, talking about “Creating an inclusive candidate experience”
Mary Dunleavy, External Relations Manager from Access to Work, talking about the help and support available to inclusive employers and their disabled employees
Dr. Phil Friend OBE Chairman of Disability Rights UK, talking about “Disabled people as assets, not problems”
Kate Nash OBE, CEO of Kate Nash Associates, talking about creating effective Disabled Employee Networks
There will also be an entertaining and thought-provoking input from Francesca Martinez. Francesca is an award-winning wobbly comedian, writer and campaigner, talking about “What is ‘Normal’?”
Joining instructions will be sent to you prior to the conference.
We look forward to seeing you there!
To advertise jobs on Evenbreak go here – http://www.evenbreak.co.uk/employers/
To find jobs on Evenbreak go here – http://www.evenbreak.co.uk/jobs/
To make a donation to Evenbreak go here – https://localgiving.com/charity/evenbreak