Evenbreak woud like you to know about current changes to Access to Work.
If you have a health condition or a disability, Access to Work can provide practical and financial support to help you overcome barriers to starting or keeping a job. Access to Work advisers can also give practical advice to an employer offering a self-arranged work experience placement.
From 31 March 2014 Jobcentre Plus claimants who start a self-arranged work experience placement with an employer may be able to apply for Access to Work support.
Disabled people starting a self-arranged work experience placement with an employer and who don’t claim a Jobcentre Plus benefit will also be eligible to apply.
How can it help me?
Access to Work can help pay for support you may need because of your health condition or disability, for example:
• practical help during your time on work-experience, such as a support worker, job coach or a sign-language interpreter
• aids and equipment in your workplace
• adapting equipment to make it easier for you to use
• money towards any extra travel costs to and from your work experience if you can’t use available public transport or your own mode of transport, or
• an interpreter or other support at a job interview if you have difficulty communicating.
Do I qualify for this help?
You can apply for Access to Work support for self-arranged work experience placements if you have a disability or health condition that has a long-term negative effect on your ability to do your work experience (long-term means lasting or likely to last for at least 12 months), and;
• you are aged 16 or over, and;
• you live in England, Scotland or Wales and;
• you are about to start a self-arranged work experience placement with an employer.
How do I apply?
If you are claiming a Jobcentre Plus benefit speak to an adviser in your Jobcentre.
If you are not claiming a Jobcentre Plus benefit contact 0345 268 8489 or 0845 268 8489. www.directgov.uk/accesstowork
To advertise jobs on Evenbreak go here – http://www.evenbreak.co.uk/employers/
To find jobs on Evenbreak go here – http://www.evenbreak.co.uk/jobs/
To make a donation to Evenbreak go here – https://localgiving.com/charity/evenbreak