Our Business Storyteller Dee speaks to another one of our talented candidates, also named Steve…
Introducing Steve S…
Steve is an incredibly adaptable and committed Account Manager – successfully transferring his skills across sectors. Clearly highly motivated (as you can see from his results!) Steve is looking for an opportunity to get back into a role where he can really make a difference. [Image Description: A head and shoulders picture of Steve sitting at a table]
To find out more, we asked Steve a few questions…
What would be your dream role?
My dream role would be in account management, where I would be based largely at home.
I would ideally meet prospective and existing clients off-site, with visits to Head Office when needed. I relish building positive client relations – a core strength of mine.
I enjoy working in travel, though I am open to new ideas and industries – I am always committed to the cause and the challenge. The bigger the challenge, the bigger the motivation!
What do people you’ve worked or volunteered with, say about you?
In my previous two roles I have been fortunate enough to work with many positive people, all wanting to achieve the same outcome. Positive outcomes produce positive feedback from the team. Below are some comments that past employers and Partners have said about me.
Partner: “Steve is reliable and creative and a genuine pleasure to work with.”
Partner: “Steve is always professional and an absolute pleasure to work with.”
Partner: “Steve’s support and attention to detail has been outstanding over the 9 years I have worked with him.”
Employer: “Steve continues to show great hunger for his role and without doubt is one of the most passionate and determined individuals that I have had the pleasure to work alongside. He is a great ambassador for the company and often goes beyond the expected to fulfil his role.”
Employer: “Steve is a model employee who fully subscribes and embraces Super Breaks values of being knowledgeable, helpful, inspiring and passionate. He has excellent relationship management skills and really cares about his Partners.”
What are you particularly proud of?
Making the move from the car rental business after 10 years to the travel industry and going on to be a successful Partnership & Account Manager at Super Break is something I will always be proud of. I quickly adapted my skills to the job in hand and went on to achieve several “red carpet” moments during my 9 and half year tenure at Super Break, one of which was producing record turnover of 5 ¼ million over the financial year.
Can you tell us something not many people would know about you?
During my traveling days to Australia & New Zealand I worked as an ice-cream man. None other than Mr Whippy! I was quite sheepish about my new title and who I told but little did I realise the high esteem Kiwis bestow upon Mr Whippy. It was equivalent to being royalty. The job went on to produce many fond and happy memories (the good the bad and the ugly) of the Kiwi culture and ones I will never forget.
What’s your disability?
At the age of 25 I was diagnosed with Colitis and due to my illness being so extreme my large bowel was removed. In 2017 I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease which has left me with a tremor in my right hand.
Super Break Mini Holidays Ltd, June 2009 – November 2018
Partnerships & Account Manager
My role was to build strong and lasting relationships with all key Affinity partners, whilst driving positive sales growth from the Affinity channel. The channels included employee benefit companies, direct HR partnerships, membership associations, and marketing companies working closely with their 3rd Party campaigns.
The Affinity channel was responsible for over 5% of the Super Break business
- Account managed existing partners and responsible for recruiting and growing new Affinity partnerships. Managed 153 partners
- New partnerships established include Blue Light Card, Xexec, Elgar Associates, Saga, DofE, NUS and Principality Building Society. These clients featured as part of my top twenty partners
- Organised monthly review meetings with existing partners and new prospective clients
- Analysed sales reports and communicating sales performance
- Raised Super Break brand awareness within the Affinity channels
- Responsible for negotiating partner discounts and commissions
- Managed advertising budget with partners
- Worked with clients, created and provided regular email campaigns, eshots, newsletters and SOLUS
- Managed multi-partner campaigns simultaneously and meeting deadlines
- Provided partners with prizes, increased discount campaigns & created monthly product newsletters
- Assisted with the creation of banners for promotions on partner websites
- Arranged exclusive member events including meet the cast of Jersey Boys, Motown and Beautiful
- Organised promotions of exclusive flight products including Akureyri and Seville etc
- Liaised with IT, design and marketing teams
- Provided booking and sales figures/statistics to partners and HQ
- Completed monthly board reports for the Directors and Head of Departments of Super Break
Bis Recruit Ltd, April 2007 – September 2008
Sales Executive (FTC)
This was a contract role to assist in the setup of a new City office and gaining new clients for the West End office. I worked between the two London offices prospecting new clients’ appointments. Clients successfully gained include: Lancaster, Pure Sports, MacFarlane, NDY, Mercer Consulting and LSN.
Currie Motors UK Ltd, March 1997 – February 2007
Car & Van Rental – Sales and Account Manager
I managed 4 corporate car hire branches and 8 Rental Sales Agents all within the M25. Increased turnover by 11% between 2003 and 2006
To find out more about Steve S, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To attract talented candidates, visit www.evenbreak.co.uk